How do you handle communicating with an office abroad or employees from other cultures in Denmark? What tools should you use when commuting to a vessel globally? Join this meeting and get some hands-on advice from an expert and engage in the debate inspired by cases from three different angles of the maritime sector.
Furthermore, we will discuss typical pitfalls in managerial communication to other cultures and the dangers of assuming Danish values as a common frame of reference.
- Communicational positioning – what is it and how do we use it in Denmark and what pitfalls does it entail when communicating outside Danish borders.
- High-Low-Context-Culture. What does it mean and why is it very important to be aware of in connection with intercultural communication?
- How can non-native language affect your position in communication?
- Networking is fundamental in a global job. Get to know DABGO - a networking opportunity for Danes living and working aboard
- "Communicating Globally"
Thomas Hechmann, Cultr Communication
- "Communication during changing times"
Jens H Jensen, CHRO, Maersk Supply Service
- "A global network of international Danish business people"
Mikkel Elsborg, Vice President, PJ Diesel Engineering A/S and Secretary-General, DABGO
- "Way to avoid creating misunderstandings & conflicts in global communication"
Asger Reinholdt, Key Account Manager, Wärtsilä
Moderator: Mikkel Hansen, CEO, MDC
The event will be conducted in English
Price (ex. moms)
MDC-member: Free admission
Non-member: 995 kr.
No-show: 500 kr
For more information, please contact: Henriette Dybkær