Achieving Differentiation through Digital Innovation
27 & 28 February 2018 - Copenhagen
Given the speed of change in the maritime market, it’s no longer enough to look just one year, or even five years, ahead. There is a fundamental shift taking place, with shipping now facing a new landscape, thanks to the Fourth Industrial Revolution, where technology is creating even greater resilience in connected spaces, and those companies that want to maintain competitive advantage must find ways to adapt in order to compete. And in times of turbulent change, strategy and differentiation matter.
Demands for increase in efficiency, safety and sustainability can be only achieved through innovation. But what does innovation really mean, and how should the shipping industry truly look to the future? What can maritime learn and harness by “creative swiping” from other sectors, and from new entrants to the market. How can Maritime really make digitalisation part of the business agenda?
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Anne H. Steffensen, Director-General, Danish Shipping
- Jenny Braat, Managing Director, Danish Maritime
- Pia Berglund, Executive Vice-President, Swedish Shipowners’ Association
- Tiina Tuurnala, Managing Director, Finnish Shipowners' Association
- Michael Rodey, Senior Innovation Manager, Maersk Group
- Tom Erling Hansen, VP Sales North Europe, Marlink - Maritime
- Michael Card, Deputy Secretary-General, IALA (The International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities)
- Henrik Hvid Jensen, Growth, Global Trade Digitization, Maersk Line
- Peter Sand, Chief Shipping Analyst, BIMCO
- Christopher Rex, Head of Research, Danmarks Skibskredit (Danish Ship Finance) Sue Terpilowski, President, WISTA UK, Chair, CILT Ports, Maritime & Waterways
- Rear Admiral Nick Lambert, Director, NLA, Former UK National Hydrographer
- Rob O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
- Niels Reuther, Regional Sales Manager, Marlink
- Lisa Forte, Cyber Security Advisor, Formerly South West Regional Cyber Crime Unit (Police)
- Viktor Avlonitis, PHD Researcher, Copenhagen Business School
- Eoin O'Keeffe, Doctoral Researcher, University College London
- Petri Martimo, University of Turku
And many more to be announced
Across two days and four clearly defined sessions, issues will be addressed at Digital Ship’s iShipping Forum in Copenhagen – where we will delve into the complexities and outlook of Maritime’s digital future.
Please see https://www.copenhagen.thedigitalship.com for more details
ABOUT DIGITAL SHIP
For 17 years, Digital Ship magazine has provided the digital community of the world's maritime industry with the latest news and developments, including satellite communications, software, navigation, vessel efficiency, cyber security, big data and analytics, to help keep shipping operating with maximum safety, efficiency and crew comfort.