Maritime Law Forum
The objective of MDC’s legal committee is to address legal issues of relevance to the Danish shipping industry in order for the industry participants to obtain knowledge enabling practical action regarding such issues. The legal committee will put emphasis upon legal issues with a real impact upon operations, financing, insurance and compliance.
We are looking forward to presenting you with a long list of exciting speakers, valuable insight and inspiration at approx. 4 meetings yearly, arranged in collaboration with the Steering Committee.
The meetings will mainly be conducted in English.
Topics of the 2016/2017 season of Maritime Law Forum:
- Protectionism and sanctions
- Brexit - Disruption or not?
- Discussions of the results from the Danish government’s working group on growth of the Danish shipping industry “det blå vækstteam”
- Developments regarding environmental requirements, including SECA, ship owner liability in the event of falling foul of the rules and operational advances limiting pollution emanating from ships
- Challenges in order to increase Denmark as a hub of choice for shipowners, insurance, shipping finance and maritime arbitration. What are the challenges and what can be done to increase the attractiveness of Denmark as a shipping hub.
Meet the Steering Committee