The Port of Kolding is among the 10 biggest ports of Denmark, with at total handling by ships in 2006 of 1.185 million tons.
The Port is an industrial- and traffic port, with more than 80 companies and 1,200 employees.
The Port of Kolding has all modern facilities and handles most kinds of goods as well as areas for companies wanting to settle at the harbourside with the following advantages:
- railroad track with a direct connection to the international transport net
- the highway leading directly to the port
- warehouses, silos etc. for storing wood, iron, paper, feedstuff, fertilizer, bitumen, cement, mixed cargo etc.
- connection to the dsb rail terminal
- good ways of co-operation in an active transport environment
- ro/ro facilities
- storing facilities for bulk goods
- Cruise ship reception facility
- expert handling knowledge of wind turbines
- a wide range of modern handling equipment