Is there one magical answer to the never-ending discussion on improved customer relationship? No, but in January MDC invited our members to our event: “How to retain and engage your members”, where we might have gotten a little closer to the answer. In collaboration with the participators and two experts within the field, we dove into the subject through great engagement and a lively debate. We have now carefully selected 5 of the best advises which we are ready to give to you!
- Create relevance! Think relevance in every action or contact you have with your members/customers. Find a way to segment your members/customers to make sure they always receive relevant information from you.
- Be proactive. Contacting and engaging in dialogue with your members/customers is important. They should not have to contact you. Improvements of member/customer relations create loyalty. Go the extra mile, make each member/customer feel unique! Don’t hesitate to send a personal and an informal email, this shows awareness of the members/customers’ interests.
- Unsubscription. Why would your member want to unsubscribe? Following an unsubscribing, it's important to learn how you can prevent the remaining members/customers from unsubscribing. Stay in contact with unsubscribed members/customers, in order to preserve a healthy relationship.
- Engage your colleagues. Get your colleagues to participate. When initiating improvements in services provided, even small changes matters. It could be as simple as answering the phone politely.
- Invoicing. Align yourself with the members/customers’ position when invoicing them. Avoid mistakes, and ensure that the members/customers know what they gain from the membership. A great idea is to create content overview of the past year, showing how you have added value to them.
See pictures from the event below